Have you neglected your health a bit the past few months and feel the need to renew yourself in time for summer? In this part of the #SpringCleanSunday series I will share with you seven awesome foods that will clean out toxins, restore alkalinity and hydrate your body naturally!
- Healthy Green Smoothies – Start the day off right by blending together a fresh smoothie from nutrient packed greens, like kale, spinach and celery. Aforementioned leafy vegetables contain something called chlorophyll, which is a molecule that helps rid your body of detrimental environmental damage. Add a handful of berries for delicious flavor, powerful enzymes, and antioxidants that will help your skin fight off free radicals!
- Green Tea – Ditch the coffee and switch it for green tea, which is known for its potent abilities and health benefits. Green tea leaves contain antioxidant-rich phytochemicals, which helps detoxify the body by eliminating harmful radicals. Studies also show that green tea may help prevent cancer, improve memory and reduce belly fat thanks to its content of the antioxidant EGCG.
- Curry – Adding curry to your dishes is not only tasty, but can have some serious health benefits. Its main ingredient is turmeric, which is known for its beautiful yellow color. This color in turn is derived from curcumin; a compound often used in holistic medicine to aid with digestive disorders and liver issues. As a bonus, curry is anti-inflammatory and has powerful antioxidant properties – so curry away people!
- Cabbage – Did you know that cabbage is made up of 92 % water? The remaining 8 % is packed with vitamins like C, K, E, and A, as well as minerals, dietary fiber, and folic acid. It is also filled with organic compounds containing nitrogen and sulfur, which helps expel toxins from your body. To top it off, cabbage is a strong natural diuretic and will help you get rid of subcutaneous water, while keeping you hydrated thanks to its large water content!
- Water – It’s been said before but it needs to be said again: Drink more water! Start off with a big glass of water in the morning to reset your system, and make sure to always carry a bottle around to stay hydrated! If you have a problem with over-eating, try drinking more water before your meal. We sometimes confuse the body’s signals of thirst with hunger, and drinking water may help take the edge off your cravings.
- Pineapple – Not only is it incredibly tasty, but Pineapple will also help your body detox from harmful toxins. This is because it contains bromelian, which is a powerful digestive enzyme; which is proved aid protein digestion while breaking down fats and reducing inflammation. It further contains manganese, a great mood-booster that is especially beneficial for women, during PMS. Pretty great if you ask me…
- Lemon – Lemon may be sour, but it sure has some sweet benefits! Squeeze a little lemon in your water and drink up, because this little fruit is widely known for its cleansing and antibacterial properties. Not only has it shown to purify your blood, balance your PH, and promote colon health; but it can also boost your immune system thanks to its high content of Vitamin C!
Print this little cheat sheet to put on your fridge, and feel free to share my tips with friends!
Are you ready to take your fitness and health to the next level?
Sign up today and get your monthly Fit Strong and Sexy membership!