Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 45-50 minutes
- 4 baking apples
- ¼ cup instant oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ⅓ less fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Core the apples and scoop out the centers, but do not cut all the way through.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- In another small mixing bowl, stir together the cream cheese, orange zest and vanilla.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture into each cored apple, and fill it the rest of the way with the oat mixture. Do this for all 4 apples.
- Place the apples in a small baking dish and pour enough water to cover the bottom of the dish by about a centimeter.
- Loosely cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes, or until the apples are very soft.
Have any variations on this recipe? Post below, I love trying new ways!
Like This Recipe? You may enjoy these:
Click here to enter: