Oooh, this recipe makes me happy just thinking about it, not to mention the amazing smell it gives your home when you bake it!
Our friends at SkinnyMom created this recipe and offered it to us for our recipe of the week for #HealthyHolidays 2015!
Here you go: delicious and wonderful: Stuffed Baked Apple Recipe!!
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 45-50 minutes
- 4 baking apples
- ¼ cup instant oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ⅓ less fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Core the apples and scoop out the centers, but do not cut all the way through.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- In another small mixing bowl, stir together the cream cheese, orange zest and vanilla.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture into each cored apple, and fill it the rest of the way with the oat mixture. Do this for all 4 apples.
- Place the apples in a small baking dish and pour enough water to cover the bottom of the dish by about a centimeter.
- Loosely cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes, or until the apples are very soft.
Have any variations on this recipe? Post below, I love trying new ways!
Like This Recipe? You may enjoy these:
Click here to enter: