Banish Bloat and Energize with this Chilled Cucumber Mint Soup
This strategic and tasty recipe comes from my friends at Popsugar – Low in calories, delicious, hydrating AND an excellent way to BEAT the bloat . Cooling cucumbers, mint, and yogurt serve as the base, while garlic, chives, and a touch of lemon add bright flavor.
It’s like a cleanse for your insides! (and I’m not usually a big fan of chilled soups, this bloat banishing soup just works)!
- 1 1/2 pound English cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chopped mint
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 2 tspn chopped garlic
- 1 1/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/2 tbsn fresh lemon juice
- 1 tspn sea salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- In a blender container combine cucumber, mint, chives and garlic. Puree until smooth.
- Pour cucumber mixture into a large bowl and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cool in fridge for for 2 – 4 hours.