Warning, this email is about a 3 minute read, and not my typical, but I got really worked up last week over some conversations I had with a few ‘unnamed’ people, so here it goes:
Truth be told, I CRINGE at the title: ‘Dream Body’. I love celebrating health, wellness and fitness, and so the focus on ‘dream body’, just feels, well…tacky. But you know what? It’s OK, It’s a catchy phrase. And in this world, we need to be engaged enough to try something, it’s like a gateway drug. We often make a leap to change for a more aesthetic reason, but once you make that commitment, you realize it becomes something so much deeper. And a fit, strong, toned body is emblematic of a much larger mind and body success. So, in this sense I believe we can use the term ‘dream body’ as the perfect balance.
I am not here to lie to you.
I will not pretend that achieving your dream body is easy.
I am not going to offer you a magic pill, nor false promises on fat burning foods. There will be no false promises of losing half your body weight in two weeks. Essentially, you DO actually have to put in the effort.
What I will offer you is a way to attain the body that you’ve always wanted. More importantly, I will provide you with the tools to maintain that body once you’ve achieved it. I am going to teach you the ways in which you can adapt your lifestyle to accommodate your body goals. I won’t dictate to you what you ‘have’ to do, but I will tell you how to do it: How to eat, how to exercise, how to overcome hurdles and how to set up a routine that you can stick to. Think of your fitness plan like a recipe, it’s not about just throwing in X number of workouts or minutes exercising per week, its the right type of exercise, at the right intensities, in the right order.
Let’s put it in layman’s terms:
- Promise of impressive weight loss in short time.
- Unsustainable diet/fitness plan.
- Insufficient nutrients cause poor skin, poor digestion, mood swings, low energy and various other delights.
- Lowered metabolism.
- Weight lost is mostly water, and comes back as soon as normal eating resumes.
- High level of deprivation can lead to overeating when the diet is finished. This means gaining more weight back than was actually lost.
- Depending on duration of diet, it could impact negatively on body composition i.e. lose lean mass and end up with a higher body fat percentage.
- Can’t eat cake, or pretty much anything that doesn’t look or taste like the Earth.
- Long-term plan.
- Slow, steady weight loss (when weight loss is the goal).
- Well balanced strength and toning
- Sustainable diet/fitness plan.
- Well-balanced nutrients and sufficient calories for good mental and physical function.
- Weight lost is mostly fat.
- Measures taken to sustain healthy metabolism.
- Measures taken to avoid feelings of deprivation.
- Continual improvement of body composition.
- Can enjoy the pleasures of food – including cake.
So now you can see why a short-term starvation diet/detox/cleanse [insert whatever ‘trendy name’ its called] won’t work if you want real results. The term ‘quick fix’ doesn’t just refer to the duration of the diet, or the simplicity of the ‘solution’- it refers to how long the supposed results last. Is 5 days of agony really worth the five minutes of a slightly slimmer you? You feel crap, you look like you haven’t slept in a week, but hey, you can wear smaller jeans for a whole day! Then you start eating actual food again, and realize that you’ve just wasted 5 days of your life.
If you want to change, you have to really want to change. If you want to look better than average, it requires more effort than average. You have to be motivated, you have to be dedicated and you have to be patient. Can you do this? Do you really want it? Well of course you can, and – I’d be inclined to guess – of course you do!
It’s yours for the taking!
I’ve made it super simple. I’ve literally broken it down step by step:
1. Sign up for the Fit Strong and Sexy monthly membership HERE ($9/month – it’s the best investment you can make, and will likely leave you more richer (& lighter) at the end of the month. Think one glass of wine after work will cost you that much!
2. Upon signing up, you get access immediate access to the entire private site, which includes:
- The FSS Philosophy
- The FSS Black Book Nutrition Guide
- Grocery shopping lists
- Over 90 healthy recipes
- 400 Workout videos you can do anywhere
- AND a private exclusive forum just for members.
- BONUS: You also get 24 hour access to my personal email, so you can ask me ANY questions along the way. I’m here to support you, because I know first hand how important it is to have a personal support system,
3. Upon signing up you will fill out a personal questionnaire, which will help me determine what level to start you at.
Immediately upon completing the questionnaire you will be assigned a daily program, based on your history, your current level and your goals.
4. Each day you will be given exactly which workouts to do, complete with the workout videos in which you can choose to follow a long, or print out the exercise steps and do it on your own.
That’s How It Works!!
The goal is to educate you on your body, and gradually learn the system for how to get your body to that ‘dream’.
So, do you really have what it takes to go after what you want? Achieve your dream body? You will never know if you don’t try.
Last note, guys, I have poured my heart and soul into this plan. I made it specifically because I have experienced the benefits and tested it with countless people who I’ve seen their lives and bodies change. I KNOW how incredible this is, and I believe the reason my competitive running career was cut short was because I was supposed to learn other ways of fitness, learn the true importance of it, and spread the message to others.
Stop contemplating, get your arse STARTED!
IF you have any questions or comments, please email me personally, mailto:[email protected]
I can promise I will support you through out your journey to get fit, healthy and sexy.
~Raising the Standard on what it means to be FIT!