This is totally one of my ‘cheat’ recipes! Why? Well, it’s not all ‘whole food’ clean eating – yes there is flour and sugar in these!
Sometimes we just need a little treat that tastes good and guilty and it doesn’t hurt when it’s festive for Fall!
The good news with this is that you won’t blow your calorie budget or your waistline with this one.
*I recommend this as a welcome treat, not part of your healthy balanced diet (although, it really is not that bad)!
- 1 cup White Sugar
- ½ cups Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 cup Canned Pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ⅛ teaspoons Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Cooking Spray
- 1.5 Cups Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Cream the sugar, applesauce, pumpkin and vanilla extract together. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Once mixed, add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix to combine.
- Drop cookies using a spoon onto the prepared sheet and bake for 15 – 18 minutes, or until browned
I LOVE the idea of putting on pretty festive themed paper plates or in little baggies and tying up with ribbon and giving as a guilt-free pleasure!