Happy Recipe-of-the-Week Wednesday!!
Ok, I’m popcorn OBSESSED!
In fact I’m deeming these light fluffy fiber filled clouds of yum, the ‘favorite #fitgirl food’ trend of 2015 !
Seriously, browse through my recipes, and you’ll see the theme this year of popcorn in so many ways – it’s Crazy!
From the endless ways to dress it up, ‘style it’ if you will, serve it and even add more health benefits (fiber, protein) without the calories and fat!
This week I took my popcorn ‘chef’ qualities to new levels with this
Garlic’n’Herb Popcorn Crunch
No-stick cooking spray
1 egg white
2-3 tbsn Garlic’n’Herb mix (can use garlic powder and fresh herbs or dried herbs and garlic)
3 qts. (12 c.) air-popped popcorn
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pan with cooking spray. In small bowl, beat egg white until soft peaks form. Add garlic and herb mix, beating until stiff peaks form, about 1 minute.
- Place popcorn in large bowl.
- Fold egg white mixture into popcorn.
- Spread in baking pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes, stirring twice during baking.
- Cool completely.
Makes: 5 (1 cup) servings.
Oh and please send me a picture of how you choose to ‘serve’ it, or any tweaks you make!! comments below!
btw, you have other guilt-free snack ideas or tweaks to this recipe – i want to see them/hear them! Instagram: @AmandaRussellFSS and tweet @fitstrongsexy