Homemade High-Protein Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal, Green Tea or Hot Water with Lemon
This is a sure way to HEALTHFULLY warm-up any morning and set you off on an energized, proactive day! Oats are incredibly versatile and THIS recipe is a sweet twist on our classic apples and cinnamon. MUCH better than any of those instant packets in the market that are filled with tons of extra sugar (and calories!) this recipe is a snap and nearly just as quick to fix!
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 apple (cored and roughly chopped)
- ½ Cup Greek Yogurt (optional swap: quality whey protein )
- Dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Combine water, almond milk, rolled oats, and apple in a small saucepan and turn heat to high.
- When the water boils, turn the heat to low and cook, stirring, until the water is just absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Cover the pan and turn off the heat.
- Five minutes later, spoon into a bowl and add half cup Greek Yogurt (apple cinnamon for more flavor) and a dash of cinnamon if desired.