Put down the Pop tart!
The ‘quick breakfast’ is not NEW news. The healthy start breakfast is also not a headliner.
And the peanut butter, granola combo? While delicious, not new either!
My NEW FAVORITE No Bake Breakfast
I love finding unique ways to do the same thing, and my requirements are that they are easy and quick, but for breakfast: healthy is really important. I figure I can always get the first meal of the day in healthy and I’m off to a good start no matter what happens!
My new thing: Taking breakfast bars to another level with these breaky-bars! I love them so much, I actually bring them with me and have them throughout the day for a snack, a pre or post workout fuel, and have even been getting my colleagues addicted)!
- 3 KIND Breakfast Bars (flavor of your choice – I like peanut butter dark chocolate) 🙂
- 1 cup nut butter of choice
- 1 cup ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
1. Crumble the Breakfast bars. I keep them in the package and hammer them on the counter (very gracefully) – until they are all broken down like a box of granola.
2. Combine all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl (crumbled granola bars, nut butter and flaxseed)
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the vanilla and coconut oil
4. Add ‘wet’ ingredients to the dry mixture and mix well
5. Using a cookie scoop (or roll small amounts in your hands), drop rounded tablespoonful-sized portions onto a wax paper lined cooking sheet.
6. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. At this point you can serve them or combine the chilled granola bites in a large Tupperware-type container or Ziploc bags to freeze or refrigerate.
**They will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to a week or for a few months in the freezer.
~Raising the Standard on what it means to be FIT!
Also, check out some of the latest: