BBQ Mango Tilapia
This dish takes a little bit more time to make, since it has to marinate, but it is definitely worth it! BBQ, mango, and white fish create such a unique taste, you’ll want to make it for everyone!
- 2 4.5-oz filets raw tilapia
- 1/4 cup canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup diced mango
- 1/4 cup canned tomato sauce
- 2 tbs mango nectar
- 2 tbs low sugar ketchup
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp molasses
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup brown wild rice (may have a tiny bit of leftovers to put in fridge for another recipe)
- The first place to start is the sauce. In a medium bowl, combine tomato sauce, mango nectar, ketchup, vinegar, molasses and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Then, stir in tomatoes and mango.
- Place the fish and sauce in a container, and toss to coat the fish.
- Cover and let it marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- While it is marinating, make the brown rice
- Bring 3 cups water to a boil.
- Add ½ tsp salt and ½ cup wild rice.
- Bring everything back to a boil before reducing the heat to maintain a low boil.
- Cook until the rice is tender, about 45 minutes.
- Drain the rice in a sieve or fine-mesh colander.
- Boiled wild rice tends to have tender, but intact kernels.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and spray a medium oven-safe pan with nonstick spray.
- Transfer the sauce and fish to the pan.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, until fish is cooked through.
- Plate tilapia and top with excess sauce as desired.
- Serve with 1/2 cup of the cooked brown rice.