Broiled Salmon with Cauliflower Mash
This wholesome meal is a great healthy soul food dinner! The entire meal is quick and easy to make, no one will believe it only takes less than 30 minutes!
This salmon recipe is my absolute fave!
For the Salmon:
- 4-6 oz fresh salmon
- 1 tablespoon Kikkoman terriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon Bragg Amino Acid sauce
For the Cauliflower Mash:
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 1 cup water
- 1/2-3/4 cup chicken stock (potentially more if desired)
- Pinch of black pepper
- Dash of minced garlic or garlic powder
- Herbs (if desired)
For the Salmon:
- Wash the salmon with water to get rid of some fishy taste and dry.
- Place in a plastic ziploc bag with 1 tablespoon Kikkoman terriyaki sauce and 1 tablespoon of Bragg amino acid sauce.
- Toss the closed bag around to be sauce the entire salmon has been covered in the sauces.
- Place aside to marinate. Set the oven to broil.
- After marinating for a few minutes to an hour, place the salmon on a broiling pan and place in the oven 4-5 inches away from the top of the oven.
- Broil for 5-8 minutes, then flip and broil a second 5-8 minutes.
- Be sure to check on the salmon frequently, since it can burn very fast.
For the cauliflower mash:
I recommend a magic bullet for this, it only takes less than 8 minutes to make and is oh so delicious!
- Simply heat 1 cup of cauliflower in a bowl with water in the microwave until softened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Place the drained cauliflower in a Magic Bullet or blender.
- Pour in 1/2-3/4 cup low sodium chicken stock, a pinch of black pepper to taste, a dash of minced garlic or garlic powder, and herbs of your choice (if desired).
- Pulse the bullet or blender until creamy.
- Continue to add in chicken stock until it is creamy enough for you!