Butternut Squash and Brussel Sprout Quinoa with Chicken Sausage
This dinner is very filling and richly delicious, while still being healthy! The recipe also makes 2 servings, so be sure to invite a friend over to share or save half for leftovers!
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup butternut squash, chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup sliced brussel sprouts
- 2 Chicken Sausage links
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/8 cup nonfat greek yogurt
- First rinse and dry the quinoa.
- Add dry quinoa to water in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- While quinoa is cooking, heat a large skillet. Spray with non-stick cooking spray and add squash and sprouts.
- Sauté vegetables for 5 minutes or until they begin to brown.
- Add the chicken sausage and continue to cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- In a small dish, whisk the balsamic vinegar and syrup. Set aside.
- When quinoa is done cooking, add it to the pan with the vegetables and sausage. Stir to combine.
- Then, add spinach and the balsamic mixture to the pan.
- Carfully stir everything together in a folding pattern and add in the greek yogurt.
- Cook for an additional minute or until the yogurt beings to melt.
- Divide into two servings and enjoy!