Yes, you can still enjoy all the flavor of fajitas, just a LOT healthier! The classic fajita calls for skirt steak and is served with a choice of toppings over corn or flour tortilla, but this diet takes a twist on the classic fajita meal by making a few minor swaps without compromising the taste!
- 6 oz skinless chicken breast, cut in thin strips
- 1/2 bell pepper sliced
- 1/3 cup onions chopped
- Sprinkle of oregano, chili powder, cumin and coriander
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp olive oil (coconut oil can also be used)
- Butter lettuce or Crisp Romaine lettuce to serve
- Your choice of toppings: diced tomatoes, pickles, sauerkraut, sliced avocado (keep it to ¼ avocado), and/or salsa
- Combine the cut chicken, bell peppers, onions, spices, garlic, and lemon juice in a bowl and mix well.
- If preparing ahead of time, let it marinate in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- When ready to cook, heat a large skillet on medium heat and cook the whole preparation with the tablespoon of oil until the chicken is cooked through and the onion and bell pepper are soft.
- Place the hot chicken on your lettuce leaves and add the toppings of your choice from diced tomatoes, pickles, sauerkraut, sliced avocado (keep it to ¼ avocado), or salsa!