Fashionistas Fettuccini with 1-2 Cups Broth Based Chicken or Vegetable Soup
If you love pasta like I do, you’ll love this recipe for a healthy option for fettuccini! This is a delicious and filling meal, great for company!
- 1 packaged House Foods Tofu Shirataki Fettuccine Shaped Noodle Substitute
- 1/2 cup small broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup red pepper chunks
- 1/2 cup zucchini chunks
- 1 tbs fat-free greek yogurt
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Chili powder
- Optional: garlic powder
- Homemake broth based soup or try low sodium can such as Vegetable or Chicken Noodle and strain out the noodles and white potatoes.
- Place all veggies in a microwave-safe bowl with 2 tablespoons water.
- Cover and microwave for two to three minutes, until veggies are tender.
- Once cool enough to handle, drain water and set aside.
- Rinse and drain Shirataki noodles well.
- Dry noodles thoroughly, using paper towels to soak up as much moisture as possible.
- Use a knife or kitchen shears to slice them up a bit.
- Place noodles in a microwave-safe bowl, and top with greek yogurt.
- Microwave for one minute.
- Stir well and microwave again for one minute.
- Mix in veggies and season well with salt and pepper.
- If you like, add some garlic powder and/or chili powder.
- Any vegetable or chicken broth based soup (homemade if you like – just keep the ingredientents guiltless veggies).
- Too little time to homemake a soup? You can easily try a low sodium canned version, just strain out the noodles and/or rice and add an egg-white for thickness.