Garlic Chicken with Broccoli and Sweet Potato
This healthy dinner is a great take on the home cooking staple! Sweet potatoes are packed with incredibly healthy nutrients and vitamins, and are a great alternative to regular potatoes!
- 6-oz Chicken Breast
- 1 Tsp Fresh Minced Garlic
- Dash of Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Olive Oil
- 1-2 Cups Broccoli
- 4 Tbs Yellow Mustard or Salsa (if desired)
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato
- Dash of Cinnamon or Pumpkin Pie Spice (if desired)
For the Chicken:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine minced garlic with olive oil and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Brush onto a 6-ounce chicken breast and place on a baking or roasting pan in the oven.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink all the way through.
For the Broccoli:
- Steam in water covered on the stove.
- For flavor, try dipping the broccoli pieces in yellow mustard or salsa before steaming!
For the Sweet Potato:
Sweet potatoes are bursting with beta-carotene, a phytochemical used to make vitamin A, and vitamin C which boosts your immune system, not to mention it is a good source of fiber – so make sure you eat the skin too! I know many of us don’t have the time to bake potatoes and if you are in a hurry you CAN still get the same benefits, this is my quick and easy ‘recipe’ to get there.
- Wash a medium-sized sweet potato and prick the skin with a fork in a few places.
- Place on a paper towel and microwave at full power for about 5 minutes depending on the microwave’s power.
- Once it’s done, cut the sweet potato open and enjoy!
- For a dessert-like flavor, you can sprinkle it with cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice!