The goal with a quality warm up is to get your heart rate up, to break a sweat, and to literally get warm!
Often the toughest part of a workout is simply getting started – so rather than thinking about it too much, just follow me through this awesome cardio warm-up!
What you need:
- Just a stopwatch or Interval Timer (I use and recommend the Gymboss!)
What you do:
- 7 minutes total time
- 30 seconds each exercise
- Wide Legs Roll Ups
- Standing Cat and Cow (4 corners, switch directions)
- Side Reach
- Elbow to Knee Reaches
- Front Kicks Jane Fonda-Style
- Same thing ^ but elbow to opposite knee
- Side Kicks – Left (then pulse kicks)
- Plie Squat Pulses (tuck tailbone in, chest up)
- Side Kick – Right (then pulse kicks)
- Jump Rope
- Downhill Skier on Moguls
- Squat Jumps
- Jack It Out
You Hot? You Ready? Now let’s go!