On-the-go Coffee Cup Scramble
With all the hype on the latest trendy foods, juices, bars, etc, we forget that one of the MOST basic, natural and MOST healthy items is EGGS! I eat eggs almost every day, and usually several times a day. I throw an egg or two into everything like my soup or stir-fry (not only does this add protein and nutrients, but you will be addicted when you see how much it adds to the flavor and thickness), or I just enjoy simple hardboiled eggs with a dash of salt ‘n’ pepper.
This recipe takes less than 4 min, boasts 15 grams of protein and 136mg of calcium for all for under 150 calories – it IS a miracle meal!
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbs water
- 1tbs nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1-2 tbs chopped chives (or even quicker you can use dried chives from your spice rack)
- 1 Thin Slice Deli ham (1 ounce)
- Coat a microwave-safe coffee mug with cooking spray.
- Add Egg, Ham, Water, Chives and beat until blended
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds, stir around and microwave for another 30-45 seconds or until egg is cooked.
- Add salt/pepper to taste and top with greek yogurt as desired. VOILA!