Grilled Salmon and Wild Rice with Wilted Baby Spinach
This creative spin on salmon is delicious and so satisfying! The mix of flavors is just too good to be this healthy! However, it does take some time to make, so if you’re pressed for time, swap out this recipe for another equivalent!
- 4 Ounces Grilled Salmon
- 1 Cup Wild Rice
- 1 Tablespoon Slivered Toasted Almonds
- 1 Cup Wilted Baby Spinach
- 1 Teaspoon Each Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Grated Parmesan
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Place the salmon in a plastic bag with one teaspoon olive oil and one teaspoon balsamic vinegar.
- Close the plastic bag and allow the salmon to marinade in the mixture for as long as desired.
- Bring 6 cups water to a boil.
- Add 1 tsp. salt and 1 cup wild rice.
- Bring everything back to a boil before reducing the heat to maintain a low boil.
- Cook until the rice is tender, about 45 minutes.
- Drain the rice in a sieve or fine-mesh colander.
- Boiled wild rice tends to have tender, but intact kernels.
- While the rice is cooking, you can make the salmon.
- Once the salmon is finished marinading, sprinkle it with one teaspoon grated parmesan cheese.
- Grill the salmon for 6-8 minutes on each side.
- If you do not have access to a grill, you can broil the salmon in the oven on a sheet of foil 4-5 inches from the top of the oven!
- Be careful, broiling is super fast, you don’t want your salmon to burn!
- If broiling, only cook the salmon for 4-8 minutes.
- Toss the cooked rice with one tablespoon slivered almonds and one cup of wilted baby spinach and serve the salmon on top.