Open Faced Turkey Sandwich
A healthy take on the turkey sandwich your mom used to make up in grade school! This sandwich is wholesome and delicous without the guilt of cheese and extra bread.
- 1 slice of Ezekiel bread
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 slices of thinly sliced turkey (Hillshire farm is a great option)
- Alfalfa sprouts (as much as you’d like)
- 3-4 pieces of romaine lettuce
- 3-4 thin slices of avocado (do not use more than 1/4 of an avocado)
- First, start off with one toasted slice of Ezekiel bread, or another sprouted grain bread.
- Spread the dijon mustard on it, followed by the alfalfa sprouts, then the turkey slices, avocado slices, and finally, the lettuce.
- It’s best to eat this sandwich with a fork and knife, since it’s hard to balance an open-faced sandwich without spilling everything! This healthy sandwich will give you everything you want in a nutritious and filling lunch!