Papaya Lime Sorbet
This recipe is not a quick and easy one, and it has to be made the day before so it can sit overnight, but trust me, it is worth it! This homemade sorbet is absolutely amazing and refreshing, you will want to make this big batch in advance to always have! It is packed full of vitamins and only around 100 calories per serving! This recipe makes about 8 servings, 3/4 cup each.
- 8 cups peeled, diced, and seeded ripe papaya, (about 1 very large or 8 small)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 pinches of salt
- To start, line a large baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Place the diced papaya on it in a single layer and freeze overnight.
- The following day, combine water and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil on high heat.
- Stir it frequently, until the sugar is completely dissolved and the mixture is thick, or about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a glass bowl or measuring cup and let it cool for 15-20 minutes.
- While the syrupy mix cools, put half of the frozen papaya to a food processor or blender.
- Add in half of the cooled mixture, as well as 2 tablespoons of the coconut milk, 1 tablespoon of the lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon of the lime zest, and a tiny pinch of salt.
- Turn on the processor and pulse the mixture a few times before blending it to be smooth.
- Be sure to stop and crape down the sides of the processor to make sure the entire mixture is smooth.
- Move this batch to a large bowl and repeat with the second batch. Then add that batch to the bowl.
- You can either eat this immediately or save it covered in the freezer until you want it!