Simply Wonderful Stuffed Tomato
These crab-packed tomatoes are SOO cute – almost too cute to eat. ALMOST. You’ll impress your roommate/sister/partner with these guys! This recipe makes 2 servings, so it is perfect to share!
- 2 large round tomatoes, about 3 inches wide
- 2 tbs fat-free greek yogurt mixed with a ¼ tsp of garlic powder
- 1 oz mashed avocado (about 2 tbs or 1/4th of an avocado)
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 4 oz flaked or chopped imitation crab (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 tbs precooked real crumbled bacon (or turkey bacon)
- 1 tbs chopped scallions
- Carefully slice off about 1/2 inch from the top of each tomato.
- Gently scoop out and discard the insides. Set aside the hollow tomatoes.
- In a bowl, combine yogurt mixture, avocado, lime juice, salt, and onion powder. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the crab, cucumber, and bacon. Stir well.
- Evenly distribute crab mixture between the hollow tomatoes.
- Sprinkle mixture with scallions.
- If you like, cover and refrigerate until chilled.