Sweet Potato “Chips” over Arugula
This is a healthy take on what used to be one of my favorite snacks as a kid – homemade potato “chips” that my mom used to make me. Not only would kids love this recipe, but it makes the perfect dinner for adults too!
- 1 medium or 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil
- A dash of salt
- 1-2 cups of arugula
- Mixed Raw Vegetables of your choice
- 1 tbs Balsamic Vinegar
- First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and dry a medium sweet potato, or two small sweet potatoes.
- Slice the potato into 1/4-1/2 inch thick slices and place on a baking pan.
- Brush the potatoes lightly with 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil on each side.
- Then, sprinkle a tiny pinch of salt on them and bake them for 10 minutes.
- Then, turn them all over and back for 10 minutes on the other side, or until fully cooked and a light golden brown.
- Serve them over a bed of arugula with your choice of veggies (mushrooms, cucumbers, and bean sprouts are recommended).
- Toss in a small amount of balsamic vinegar to taste and enjoy!