Yes, you can have a delicious breakfast sandwich and still be healthy! This scramble over toast is a wholesome recipe for a filling and delicious open-faced sandwich. Not to mention it is quick and easy to make!
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1 Cup Spinach
- ½ Cup Mixed Vegetables (tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms recommended)
- 1 Slice of Ezekiel Bread or another sprouted grain bread
- Combine three egg whites with one whole egg in a bowl and scramble with a fork.
- Add in a cup of spinach and ½ cup of your choice of chopped veggies.
- For the vegetables, I recommend chopping tomatoes, peppers, or mushrooms! You can even buy a pack of pre-chopped veggies at most markets.
- Mix all ingredients together and pour into a pan over medium heat.
- Scramble with a fork or spatula.
- While scrambling, toast a slice of Ezekiel bread, or another sprouted grain bread.
- Once finished, simply place the scramble on top of the slice of toasted bread.
- You can get messy and eat it with your hands or use a fork and knife, but either way it is delectable!