I LOVE eggs and I LOVE this recipe for so many reasons (umm quick, filling, tasty and oh so healthy)!! You can play around and add different veggies but this is the general Light Turkey Frittata ‘template’.
- 1 ¼ cup eggs substitute or 6 eggs (3 whole + 3 whites)
- ¼ cup plain low-fat yogurt (I like Greek yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons water
- ⅛ teaspoon dried dill weed
- 4 slices deli-style Smoked Turkey Breast,
- ½ cup shredded zucchini (you can used cheese grater or veggie peeler to shread zucchini and carrot)
- ¼ cup shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Makes 4 Servings
Heat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, whisk eggs, yogurt, water and dill weed; set aside. In medium skillet over medium heat, cook turkey, zucchini and carrot in butter 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Spread mixture evenly over bottom of skillet. Pour egg mixture into skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low. As eggs begin to set, run a spatula around the edge of the skillet, lifting egg mixture to allow uncooked portion to run underneath.
Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until eggs are set. Place in oven for 5 minutes, then cut into 4 pieces and serve/enjoy!
Let me know how it works out, did you swap or add any ingredients? Comment below!