For the perfect warm drink, SkinnyMom served up this Skinny Hot Apple Cider recipe, which we are loving for many reasons! This recipe has only 98 calories per serving and combines apple juice, oranges, lemons, cinnamon and more to create the perfectly spiced warm drink. Cuddle up on the couch with a glass of cider and a good book tonight!
- Having a Winter party? Multiply the recipe by however much you need and put it all in a slow cooker on low to keep hot while guests serve themselves.
- Serve with the cooked oranges, or cut new slices to float in guests’ cups.
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 25-30 minutes | Makes: 10 servings
Serving size: heaping 6 ounces
- 8 cups 100% apple juice
- 1 large orange, thinly sliced
- peel from 1 lemon
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 8 allspice berries
- 10 whole cloves
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 25-30 minutes.
3. To serve, ladle out 6 fluid ounces in each cup.