We have our friends at SkinnyMom to thank for this post!
You can still enjoy this rich, creamy and truly delicious Christmas drink and free yourself of waistline thoughts. They serve up a lighter version of this traditional holiday cheer. The almond milk is a favorite with lactose challenged folks and you can add a bit of extra cheer with whiskey, bourbon or rum! With only 6 ingredients this Skinny Eggnog is SO easy to make!
I can vouch, it’s a new personal holiday favorite!
Prep time: 5 minute
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Serving size: ½ cup
- 2½ cups Silk® Unsweetened Original Almondmilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Nutmeg, to taste
- Optional: Coolwhip® Light topping
- Heat a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the almond milk and vanilla and heat until it almost simmers; do not bring to a boil.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg white, sugar and cornstarch until frothy.
- Temper the eggs into the heated almond milk. To do this, add about ¼ cup of the almond milk to the egg mixture, whisking quickly. Add another ¼ cup and whisk again. Tempering allows both liquids to come to the same temperature before combining them, so the eggs do not curdle.
- Add the cooled down egg mixture to the almond milk, and whisk them to combine.
- Stir frequently until it begins to thicken, about 6-8 minutes
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg to taste.
- Serve warm or chilled, and top with optional Cool Whip as desired
Don’t forget to ENTER to WIN our holiday giveaway! $400 Shopping Spree, skin care essentials and more!