Oooh i LOVE the fall – especially the excuse for cozy, comforting fall recipes!
Here is a favorite you MUST try: roasted sweet potato and quinoa soup!
I can’t take credit for this recipe though, I got it from Noshing with the Nolans Recipes! and just had to share!
I also love that it only takes about 15 minutes of prep time! However, you will want to be home, as it needs about 50 minutes to cook/simmer!
This recipe serves 4:
- 1 very large sweet potato
- ½ large sweet onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 900 ml. chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup Panko crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- ⅓ cup finely grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400F. Peel and large dice sweet potato. Place sweet potato on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with 2 Tbsp. olive oil and sea salt. Roast in the oven for 20 min.
- In a large pot saute onion, garlic and carrot in the remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil until tender. Add potato to the onion mixture and add the chicken stock. Simmer for 20-30 min. until all vegetables are completely tender. With a hand blender or standup blender mix until pureed. Adjust seasoning. Add quinoa and reheat.
- For the panko topping, melt the butter in a small fry pan and add the panko and cook until lightly browned. Add the parmesan and stir to combine.
- Top each bowl of soup with the panko crumbs and garnish with the parsley.
Let me know how you like it – use hashtag #fitstrongsexy so i can reply! and get all the new recipes on the FSS facebook page!
More Fit Strong and Sexy Recipes, Workouts and and the best online community – Join TODAY!
Raising the Standard om what it means to be Fit!
Other Fall Faves you might like: